Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Who Is This Suppose To Suprise???

LOS ANGELES – Being bad is good for Tyler Perry, whose latest movie, "I Can Do Bad All By Myself," opened at the top of the box office this weekend with more than $24 million. It's Perry's second film this year to open at No. 1. In February, "Tyler Perry's Madea Goes to Jail" debuted at the top spot with $41 million, which stands as the biggest opening of his eight films. "Tyler Perry has a special way of speaking to his audience, and it's unbelievable," David Spitz, Lionsgate's executive vice president and general sales manager, said Sunday. "He always knows what his audience wants, and I never underestimate him."

Source: news.yahoo.com

Well, I can tell you one thing, it doesn't suprise me. And if you payed attention to his past box office numbers, then it shouldn't suprise you either. One morning Steve Harvey was on his show talking about how Tyler had a hard time trying to get someone to actually allow him to turn his plays into movies. He went to several well known companies and all of them rejected him. They told him that they really didn't think that he would gain a large audience with these type of plays and therefore would not gain a large amount of sales. It only took one company, LionsGate, to give him a chance and prove all of those other companies wrong. Now Tyler is the one laughing at the haters all the way to the bank. Being successful truly is the best revenge there is. Go ahead Tyler!!!

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen it. Don't know if I will. I can't say I really dig TP's movies like that. But I definitely respect his hustle.

    ReplyDelete