Sunday, May 2, 2010

2010 College Graduate.......Finally!!!

Hello to all of my blogger family members. Lol. As of Saturday, May 1, 2010, I am officially a college graduate with a Bachelor's Degree in Business Management. I am so very proud of myself. It has truly been such a long and tough road. There were so many times I wanted to give up and if anyone else were in my shoes, they probably would have given up. However, by the grace of God I was determined not to give up until I made it to the finish line. Thank you God. Now since my college journey has come to a conclusion, I am actively job junting for a job within my career field. I started job hunting a few days after I finished my last class, but thus far I still do not have any strong leads. There have been so many people constantly telling me, "Well, it's not gonna be as easy as you think it will be, there ain't no jobs out there" or "You don't know how long it's gonna take you to get a job, there are so many other graduate competing for the same thing" or "Do you know how many people graduate from college and don't even be working in the field they go to school for." These comments are just to name a few. Yeah, I know it's not gonna be easy, but what is in life??? College wasn't easy, but God saw me through it and I know he will see me through my job hunt as well. As the song says, I know he didn't bring me this far to leave me. He continued giving me strength when I wanted to give up because he has a purpose for me and I refuse to give up until I fulfill that purpose.
*
*
*
Now moving right along to the graduation ceremony. The ceremony started early, 9:30 am to be exact. It was held at the civic center and it was PACKED. It almost felt as if I was at a huge football stadium. I was nervous walking out there because being in front of a very large group of people makes me feel that way. Everything was fine up until I realized how small our business group was. Every other group (i.e. Professional Studies) significanly outnumbered us. Needless to say, I was suprised and embarrassed. To make ourselves feel better, classmates stated that the reason why our group was small in comparison to everyone else is because the College of Business is the hardest. I needed something to make sense out of it, so I accepted that reason. Lol. After the graduation ceremony, my family and I went to an "All you can eat" China Buffett. It was very delicious. It felt so good to go home and spend quality time with my family without worrying about limiting my time with them because I have to go work on a paper or study for an exam. Whew. Well, that concludes everything. I will keep you guys posted on my post college life. In the meantime, please look out for updates on my site. I have time on my hands now. Congrats to all the other 2010 graduates, whether it be from college or high school :)

No comments:

Post a Comment