Friday, July 24, 2009

Quote For The Day

Good morning everyone. Unfortunately, I was not able to really update yesterday due to the fact that I had family in town, along with the normal routine of working and interning. So I can say when I finally did get home I was extremely tired. So I'm gonna try to update as much as I can while they are here, but I can't make any promises. Y'all know how it is when family visits. Lol. I do want to welcome all of my new followers. Thank y'all so much for following me and I really hope you do enjoy my site, as I am enjoying yours. Along with updating my own site, I really look forward to checking out updates to sites I am following. Well, I hope everyone enjoy this lovely Friday. Yay, it's the weekend!!!!

Quote For The Day:

The worst thing you can try to do is cling to something that is gone, or to recreate it.

Johnette Napolitano

I want to quickly add my 2 cents to the quote before I head off to work. This quote can apply to so many areas of our lives, but you know the first one that came to mind when I saw it? Relationships. There are so many times that we become involved with a person who we fall absolutely in love with, but as the relationship progress you realize that things are becoming different between the two of you. Whether it's the fact that your mate is changing or you are changing. Either way, things are not the same. Some people have a hard time of letting go of something that is no longer there and this can be while you are still in the relationship with the person or out of the relationship. The point is of the matter is that the very same thing that made you fall in love with that person is no longer there. So sometimes individuals try to hold on to that person in hope that things will get better sooner or later and it never does. We as human beings grow. We grow individually, we sometimes grow together, and unfortunately we sometimes grow APART. Holding on to a dead relationship will only make things harder on you. You will either end up cheating or feeling miserable while you are staying faithful to the person you are in the relationship with. 9 times out of 10, the first option occurs. If it's no longer there, let that person go and move on to somebody else. People it is possible to fall in love and out of love many times. As far as past relationships go, although it may be hard trying to get over a person. You have to let them go. Stop dwelling on the past and thinking about all the good times you two shared and FORGETTING the things that led the two of you to break up in the first place. It is GONE and still trying to cling on to a relationship that no longer exists or trying to think of ways to recreate it, will only result in you recreating the mess that you end up leaving him or her for in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment