Sunday, August 16, 2009

Quote For The Day

Quote for the day:

The first question which the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But... the good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help this man, what will happen to him?"

~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Source: www.quotegarden.com

I find this a lot nowadays. People refusing the help others because they allow this first question to go back & forth in their minds. And the sad part about it is that most of the time the answer to that question is NOTHING. Nothing will happen to you if you open up your heart a little and help another person who is in need. Also a lot of times people think that the only way that they can help a person is to give a lot. They have this messed up mindset "Well, it appears that this person is in need of a lot of help and unfortunately I can't give that much, therefore I can't help him or her out." WRONG. WRONG. WRONG. Sometimes it's doing/offering the little things that helps out the most. I rather a person do something than do nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment