Sunday, August 23, 2009

Show Me The Carfax



I saw this commercial on tv the other day and I thought it was so funny, mostly because so many shady salesmen are like this. The last thing they want to do is show the customer the carfax because they don't want them to find out what's really going on with the car. The only thing they care about is making a sale, even if it means deceiving the customer. (Most do a good job at that) This commerical bring back the memories of the first car that I purchased when I was 17. A 1996 Mistubish Mirage that I called "Blue Passion." I purchased it from a small, used car lot and I fell in love with it when I saw it. After I drove it, I knew that it was the car for me. (Or maybe I was just so caught up in the idea of finally having my own car) At the time, I didn't know anything about Carfax, but it surely would have been benefical to me because a few months after I got the car, I started having problems and problems kept popping up for the remainder of the time I had it. Can we say lemon??? For a minute I blamed the guy who camed with me, who was suppose to have checked it out before I bought it. I thought, "if he would have did what he was suppose to have done, he would have caught some of these problems before I waisted my money." However, that thought quickly left my mind. There was no way he could have pin point all of those problems. He tried and that's about all he could do. I blame the money hungry salesman that sold me "Blue Passion," knowing it was a lemon when I bought it.

No comments:

Post a Comment